Mark Cuban Addresses Rumors of Luka Doncic, Mavericks Rift


Rumors of dysfunction within the Mavericks organization circulated on Monday with The Athletic reporting that there is a rift involving Haralabos Voulgaris, who was a professional gambler before the team hired him in 2018, and several members of the franchise. Voulgaris reportedly has a strong voice within the organization and that has rubbed some the wrong way, including superstar Luka Doncic.

Mavericks owner Mark Cuban addressed the rumors, telling Brandon ‘Scoop B’ Robinson of Bally Sports that it’s nonsense.

“It’s trash. Luka’s my guy,” Cuban said. “I listen to him like I listen to Dirk. It’s trash. It’s a reason they didn’t reach out to me [because] they didn’t want me to question the validity of the story.”

Prior to the latest rumors, Doncic seemingly indicated that he planned to sign a supermax extension with the Mavericks this offseason.

“I think you know the answer,” Doncic said with a smile (via Marc Stein of the New York Times) after the Mavericks first-round exit to the Clippers.

Such a deal would tact five years and over $200 million onto his contract.

Read More:

Betting on the Game?

About the Author

Chris Crouse
As a co-owner of FortyEightMinutes.com, Chris Crouse wears many hats, including editor and marketing director. He previously covered sports business at CNBC and he has covered the NBA for various publications, including SLAM Magazine and Hoops Rumors, in addition to working on the business side of media.

Be the first to comment on "Mark Cuban Addresses Rumors of Luka Doncic, Mavericks Rift"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*