The Orlando Magic have started this season the right way.
The team continued their strong play by earning their eighth victory of the season, defeating the Pacers by a score of 128-116 to improve to 8-5 on the season. The victory also brings the Magic to 6-3 on the road this season.
Orlando Magic Guard Jalen Suggs scored 18 points for the Magic; He spoke postgame about the Magic’s positive efforts postgame.
“Just come out and hit ’em in the mouth early,” said Magic point guard Jalen Suggs. ”It’s like a boxing match. Once you’ve got in their head, that they don’t want to get hit, they don’t want to play physical, they don’t want to play against tough defense … that’s hard to play against, night in and night out.”
Paolo Banchero led the way for the Magic with 24 points on 9-for-14 shooting. Banchero also grabbed three rebounds and recorded a steal. Banchero is averaging 18.7 points per game, 6.8 rebounds, and 4.5 assists.
More Orlando Magic Contributions
- Franz Wagner scored 19 points, grabbed seven rebounds, dished out an assist, and recorded two steals.
- Jalen Suggs scored 18 points, grabbed three rebounds, dished out an assist, and recorded a steal.
- Moe Wagner scored 16 points, grabbed three rebounds, and dished two assists off the bench.
- Cole Anthony scored 15 points, grabbed five rebounds, and dished out three assists
- Gary Harris scored 13 points, dished out two assists, and recorded two steals off the bench.
The Magic face the Toronto Raptors next on 11/21 in Orlando. Tip-off from the Amway Center is at 7 p.m. Eastern.