The Jazz might have their eyes set on a package centered around future first-round picks and a young player on a rookie deal in any Donovan Mitchell deal and while the Knicks were heavily linked to the shooting guard, they are not the only team pursuing him.
The Heat are also rumored to be interested and according to Andy Larsen of The Salt Lake Tribune, the Jazz prefer Tyler Herro to RJ Barrett when comparing potential trade packages.
An earlier report by Tony Jones of The Athletic indicated that the Jazz had interest in shooting guard Quentin Grimes, though it’s unclear whether that means they would rather Grimes than Barrett in such an arrangement. Grimes, who was the No. 25 overall pick in the 2021 draft, has three years left on his rookie deal while Barrett is eligible for an extension this summer.
More NBA Trade Rumors
- To match or not to match? That is the questions surrounding the Suns now that the Pacers have reportedly inked Deandre Ayton to a four-year, $133 million offer sheet. Phoenix is expected to match the offer sheet (via Woj) and while there was much chatter about a possible sign-and-trade with the Pacers sending Myles Turner out, that scenario looks to be off the table.
- Should the Sixers consider surrendering Tyrese Maxey in a Mitchell trade? Kyle Neubeck of the Philly Voice examines the possibility and argues that Mitchell wouldn’t be a significant upgrade over Maxey given the role he’d likely play alongside James Harden and Joel Embiid. We outlined how Philadelphia could swap Maxey, Tobias Harris and two picks for Mitchell (via a multi-team trade with Maxey heading to New Orleans) in our All-Trade Mock Draft last month.
- The Nets aren’t thrilled with the trade offers they’ve received for Kevin Durant, according to ESPN’s Brian Windhorst (appearing on NBA Today). There’s little traction for any movement at this time, especially with the latest Ayton news further decreasing the Suns’ ability to put together a mega offer.
- The Jazz have considered a sign-and-trade for Collin Sexton, according to Jake Fischer of Bleacher Report. The trade would send Mike Conley to Cleveland in exchange for Sexton, though Fischer cautions that he doesn’t envision the Cavs jumping at that offer.
- Several teams around the league are eyeing Jarred Vanderbilt via trade, Fischer adds in the same piece. It was previously reported that no Jazz player is untouchable in trade talks.