The Celtics acquired Malcolm Brogdon via trade with the Pacers and Danilo Gallinari via the free agency but the front office may not be done.
Brad Stevens indicated that he’d prefer to add talent in way that didn’t take away major players from the roster, so a major trade doesn’t seem likely at the moment.
More NBA Buzz
- One NBA GM told Michael Scotto of HoopsHype that he feels it would be worth a “James Harden-type” package to acquire Kevin Durant. The Nets gave up four players (Caris LeVert, Jarrett Allen, Rodions Kurucs and Taurean Prince), four first round picks (two of which are already conveyed) and four pick swaps (only the 2021 pick is conveyed) for Harden. The Sixers handed the Nets two future first-round picks and three players (Seth Curry, Ben Simmons, Andre Drummond) for Harden. It’s unclear which trade the anonymous GM is referring to.
- The Warriors may not be willing to give up all of their young prospects in a Durant trade, Scotto adds in the same piece. Golden State has a bevy of prospects with ranging ceilings that included Jordan Poole, James Wiseman, Jonathan Kuminga, and Moses Moody.
- Speaking of Wiseman, he’s playing in the NBA Summer League (which you can watch on ESPN) and he recently spoke about his return to NBA action. “It felt good,” Wiseman said (via Chris Mannix of Sports Illustrated). “There’s a lot of stuff I gotta work on. When I was out there, my timing was pretty off. But it’s my first game. I had fun out there. I could have played more. My conditioning is getting better.”
- There’s talk around the league that Collin Sexton is likely to remain with the Cavaliers and Spencer Davies of BasketballNews hears that there’s confidence within the organization as well. Whether Sexton returns via a new deal or simply accepts his qualifying offer remains to be seen.
- ICYMI: The Pacers appear to be closing in on signing Deandre Ayton.