Philadelphia reportedly asked for four first-rounders, three pick swaps, and a young player in Simmons trade talks with the team. No word on which player Philadelphia was eyeing in that failed proposal.
More NBA Rumors
- San Antonio has turned down offers of single protected first-round pick in exchange for some of their core young guys, Lowe adds. The Spurs made several moves, like signing Doug McDermott over the summer, that indicate they plan on competing this season (although, oddsmakers are not fond of the team).
- Lowe believes Memphis’ Jaren Jackson Jr. is an intriguing target for the Spurs next offseason. The former No. 4 overall pick will be a restricted free agent.
- Kyrie Irving’s trade value around the league is “virtually zero,” SI’s Chris Mannix hears from a few sources around the league (via the Crossover NBA Show). Brooklyn isn’t actively looking to trade the point guard for what it’s worth.
- The Timberwolves believe they are the perfect team for Simmons, as Minnesota beat writer Jon Krawczynski explains on his latest podcast. Krawczynski indicates that the dismissal of Gersson Rosas has not deterred the team’s pursuit of Simmons.
- The Sixers are eyeing Western Conference teams as they evaluate offers for Simmons.