Let’s get your caught up on the latest buzz from around the NBA:
- The Suns are bringing back Deandre Ayton and GM James Jones indicated that center is “vital” to what the team wants to do moving forward. Phoenix reportedly had been in contact with Ayton throughout free agency, telling the big man that they were planning to match any offer he received all along (via Marc J. Spears).
- Ayton said he has a “lot of respect for the Pacers organization,” which presented him with the $133 million offer sheet. “They were aggressive from the start and showing a lot of love. And we agreed to a max offer sheet. The Suns matched. Now, I’m back in Phoenix as a Sun,” Ayton explained.
- Jaden Ivey is alright. The no. 5 overall pick injured his ankle early in Summer League and according to coach Dwane Casey, the 20-year-old guard wanted to return to action. However, the Pistons’ medical staff opted to hold him out.
- Ochai Agbaji is expected to see a role in the Cavaliers’ rotation during his rookie year. “We know how great of a shooter he is and how good he is running off screens,” said Cleveland Summer League coach Mike Gerrity explained (via Chris Fedor of Cleveland.com), “I imagine that is going to be a way that J.B. is going to utilize him come the regular season.”
- Russell Westbrook, LeBron James, and Anthony Davis reportedly are all on the same page about their goals for the Lakers this upcoming season and the trio are committed to making it work in Los Angeles. Westbrook has been the subject of trade rumors since last February, though all signs point toward the former MVP remaining with the team.