The Los Angeles Lakers earned their ninth victory of the season with a 131-99 rout of the Utah Jazz. The Lakers are now 9-6 overall and 7-1 at home on the season.
This big story from the game was LeBron James reaching yet another milestone. James became the first ever NBA player to score over 39,000 career points.
The NBA’s All-Time scoring leader is widening the gap between him and the rest of the field.
As for the In-Season tournament contest, the Lakers also swept their group play stage with a 4-0 record. They will be waiting for the Western Conference Wild Card team.
James, who scored 17 points, grabbed seven rebounds, and dished out nine assists, spoke postgame regarding his latest milestone postgame.
“I got congratulated by my teammates and coaches, (but) I haven’t had an opportunity to really wrap my head around what that means,” James said. “There’s been so many great players that came across this league since the beginning of time, and so many great scorers. To be able to accomplish something that’s the first of anything, I think that’s always pretty cool. It’s a wild moment, that’s for sure.”
Anthony Davis led the way for the Lakers scoring-wise with 26 points on 11-for-14 shooting. Davis hit 4-for-5 from the free-throw line. Davis also grabbed 16 rebounds, four assists, and recorded two steals.
More Lakers Contributions
- D’Angelo Russell scored 20 points, grabbed three rebounds, and dished out eight assists.
- Rui Hachimura scored 12 points and grabbed six rebounds off the bench.
- Christian Wood scored 16 points, grabbed eight rebounds, and dished out two assists off the bench.
- Jaxson Hayes scored 10 points and grabbed two rebounds off the bench.
- Austin Reaves scored 19 points, grabbed five rebounds, dished out five assists, and recorded three steals off the bench.
The Los Angeles Lakers face the Dallas Mavericks on Wednesday, 11/22 in Los Angeles. Tip-off from the Crypto.com Arena is at 10:30 p.m. Eastern/ 7:30 p.m. Pacific.