Let’s take a look at the latest rumors from the city of Philadelphia:
- The Sixers are one of the teams eyeing Paul Millsap. The power forward is eyeing a role on a championship-contending team, as our own Sameer Kumar relayed. Philly has competition for his services, however, with the Warriors, Hawks, Nets, Pelicans, and Timberwolves also eyeing the veteran.
- The Kings might be hesitant to trade De’Aaron Fox in a Ben Simmons deal, as the point guard is reportedly content in Sacramento. Having a top player who wants to stick around in a small market might be too valuable for the franchise to just trade away—even with the upside that Simmons possesses.
- Damian Lillard remains the top target on the Sixers wishlist with Kyle Neubeck of The Philly Voice being the latest beat writer to indicate that Dame is on the team’s radar. Neubeck believes a trade (which is unlikely at this time) would see Simmons, Tyrese Maxey, and multiple first-rounders heading to Portland for the All-Star guard.
- In a recent mailbag, Nuebeck writes that there is no reason to believe Shake Milton’s role on the team is in jeopardy. Maxey further emerging could help simply Milton’s role, however, allowing him to be more of a pure scorer off the bench.
- The Timberwolves have been linked to Simmons, though as Michael Rand of The Star Tribune concludes, the team simply doesn’t have the right assets to make a deal. Minnesota’s best offer to pair Simmons with Towns may be sending D’Angelo Russell, Jaden McDaniels, and at least one first-rounder to Philly for the former No. 1 pick. However, Rand doesn’t believe that would get it done.