The Atlanta Hawks defeated the San Antonio Spurs 124-106. The Hawks have pushed their winning streak to six games. Trae Young led the way for the Hawks with 31 points on 14 of 22 shooting from the field. He made two of six from the three-point line. Young also have grabbed seven rebounds and 11 assists. He spoke on the Hawks’ performance and the way their state of mind is on this current six-game winning streak.
Trae had a surprise for a lucky fan. pic.twitter.com/xhv0QfCWox— Bally Sports: Hawks (@HawksOnBally) November 25, 2021
“We were just playing fast and just having fun,” Young said. “The whole bench was engaged the whole time, whether it was the starters in or the second unit in. We were just all engaged, and we all wanted to win. The main focus coming in tonight was just breaking that streak of losing on the road.”
Hawks Head Coach Nate McMillan has his team playing extremely well. He spoke on his team’s performance postgame.
“I like our execution, I like our patience (and our) ball movement tonight,” Hawks coach Nate McMillan said. “Had 26 assists. We feel like when we get that type of ball movement, we’ve got guys that can shoot the ball. They’ll put the ball in the hole.”
More Hawks Contributions
- Bogdan Bogdanovic 18 points, grabbed five rebounds, and dished out three assists.
- John Collins 15 points and grabbed 5 rebounds.
- Clint Capela scored 11 points and grabbed 13 rebounds.
- Kevin Huerter scored 10 points, grabbed three rebounds, and dished out three assists.
- Cam Reddish scored 12 points and grabbed three rebounds.
- Lou Williams scored 12 points off of the bench.
The Hawks travel to Memphis on Friday, 11/26 to face the Grizzles. Tip-off is at 8 am Eastern/ 7 pm Central.