Tari Eason was in Washington for a workout this week and he has one scheduled with the Cavaliers later this week, according to multiple outlets.
The LSU product, whom we previously examined as a fit for the Hawks, also has drawn interest from the Timberwolves, Hornets, Bulls, Thunder, Knicks, Grizzlies, Spurs, and Rockets.
More NBA Draft Buzz
- Chatter about Shaedon Sharpe moving up into the top-5 appears to be fizzling out. According to Jeremy Woo of Sports Illustrated, Sharpe’s positioning in the draft is going to depend on how he performs in individual workouts, as some of the excitement around the 19-year-old has turned into “trepidation.” Woo lists the No. 7 and No. 8 spots as places where Sharpe could hear his name called.
- Some around the league believe that the Thunder could attempt to get another top-10 pick, Woo adds in the same piece. OKC owns the No. 12 and No. 30 selections in addition to the No. 2 overall pick. Many mock drafts have Chet Holmgren heading to the Thunder with their first pick but Woo cautions that the franchise has historically made some surprising selections compared to industry expectations and the scribe pencils in Duke’s Paolo Banchero at No. 2 in his latest mock draft. For what it’s worth, Oklahoma City’s selection of Josh Giddey last year was counter to what was expected.
- Rival teams are expecting the Bulls to explore trade options with the No. 18 overall pick, Woo shares in the same piece. Chicago will be on the lookout for veteran help and according to Bleacher Report’s Jake Fischer, the team could be targeting Rudy Gobert.
- Ousmane Dieng (France) hasn’t been connected to the Cavaliers as much as other prospects but he makes sense for Cleveland if they stay at No. 14, Woo contends. Earlier in the week, we explored what it would take for the Cavaliers to trade up into the top-10.
- The Knicks had TyTy Washington (Kentucky) and Dyson Daniels (G League Ignite) in for workouts this week. Washington has previously worked out for the Thunder and he has plans to visit the Pelicans, Spurs, Cavaliers, and Wizards this week.