Let’s get you up to date on the news, rumors, and content that you might have missed on the Washington Wizards this week:
- How should the Wizards define success in year one of the Wes Unseld Jr. era? We tackled that among other underrated questions heading into the 2021-22 NBA season.
- The Washington Wizards and Monumental Sports and Entertainment announced a new radio partnership with The Team 980 (WTEM-AM) today to broadcast all 82 games of the 2021-22 season.
- Our own Sameer Kumar took a look at how Thomas Bryant will fit into the team’s new-look frontcourt.
- Russell Westbrook’s rebounding will surely be missed but the addition of Montrezl Harrell and Kyle Kuzma could offset the loss in that area of the game, as Chase Hughes of NBC Sports noted. It’s worth adding that Kentavious Caldwell-Pope is a solid rebounder for his position, which should also help.
- We took a look back at Michael Jordan’s tenure with the Wizards, compiling 48 facts from Jordan’s time in Washington.
- Franchise legend Bob Dandridge was inducted into the Hall of Fame last weekend. NBA.com has a gallery of photos from the event.
- Jackson Filyo of the team’s website examined Bob Dandridge’s best moments with the Bullets, staring with his free-agent signing in 1977.
- In another piece, Filyo wrote about how the Wizards are utilizing the Capital City Go-Go to develop young coaches.