Clippers’ Paul George not a fan of NBA holding All-Star Game

Clippers guard/forward Paul George drives to the basket vs. the Suns. - AP

Los Angeles Clippers forward Paul George was named an All-Star Game reserve, but expressed the same level of excitement about it as a lot of NBA players.

Which is to say, not much.

Per Andrew Greif of the LA Times, George said he’s “just not a fan of it, with everything going on” related to the COVID-19 pandemic.

“He said he was fined for ‘having a teammate over’ this season and questioned why, then, the league would want to hold an exhibition like an All-Star game,” Greif added.

Along with George, everyone from Los Angeles Lakers forward LeBron James to Washington Wizards guard Bradley Beal have questioned the decision to hold an All-Star Game, slated for March 7 in Atlanta.

Especially since, as George eluded to, around 30 games have had to be postponed already.

“I have zero energy and zero excitement about an All-Star Game this year,” James said earlier this month. “I don’t even understand why we’re having an All-Star Game.”

RELATED | NBA’s plans for All-Star Game about as boneheaded as it gets

About the Author

Sam Amico
Sam Amico is the founder and senior writer of FortyEight Minutes. He has covered the NBA on a full-time basis for OutKick, Sports Illustrated and FOX Sports, and has been a regular contributor to CBS Sports, the Boston Herald and NBA.com.

Be the first to comment on "Clippers’ Paul George not a fan of NBA holding All-Star Game"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*