Asking someone 21 questions is a way to get to know someone beyond small talk and social media. Longtime NBA host and media personality Michelle Beadle, who currently works as a broadcaster for the San Antonio Spurs and hosts Run It Back on FanDuelTV, recently sat down with FortyEightMinutes to answer 21 questions and give us a chance to get to know her better.
Beadle gave answers to whether she believes trust is given or earned; what her brunch preferences are; and what her most heartbreaking sports memory is among others. Near the end of the question deck, she also shared an interesting story about how she attempted to help Celtics legend Paul Pierce on the dating apps when the two previously worked together.
When asked who her (all-time) starting five would be if she had to select a basketball team to defend Earth against a Space Jam-like alien attack, Beadle selected Magic Johnson. Michael Jordan. Shaquille O’Neal, Tim Duncan, and Stephen Curry if everyone was at their peak (yes, if there are aliens, we’re assuming there’s also access to a time machine). Gregg Popovich was her choice to coach that team, which shouldn’t be a surprise for anyone who has followed her NBA media journey.
Michelle Beadle Answers 21 Questions
Michelle Beadle’s Full 21-Question List
- If you could invite any three people to dinner, who would they be?
- What’s the latest in the day that it’s acceptable to order a Bloody Mary?
- Friend/Marry/Kill: Pancake, Waffles, French Toast?
- Do you have a cat/thoughts on cats?
- Do random people try to debate you as Stephen A. Smith claims happens to him?
- What is the difference between arguing and debating?
- Thoughts on Olympics/International basketball vs. the current NBA product?
- NBA sideline and postgame interviews seem like the small talk of sports media, do you wish there were would be more medium talk in those situations?
- Do you believe in aliens?
- 10. Imagine a Space Jam scenario where aliens take over Earth and we have to beat them in a basketball game to save humanity: What’s your (all-time) starting 5?
- Who is coaching that team & would you want to call that game?
- Do you believe trust is given or earned?
- What is your most heart-breaking sports memory?
- 2023 NBA championship draft: Is this our first bet?
- How did you find yourself hosting FanDuelTV’s Run It Back?
- Let’s talk about responsible gambling. Do you have any advice for children who are listening to Kendrick Perkins’ betting picks?
- Who’s your NBA MVP?
- Who’s your NBA Executive of the Year?
- Your best behind-the-scenes NBA story that you’ve never told?
- What’s the best piece of financial advice you’ve ever received?
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve received in general?