The Washington Wizards have now won six straight games. The Wizards defeated the San Antonio Spurs 127-106 in San Antonio at the AT&T Center. Before this game, the Wizards had lost 22 straight games in San Antonio. That streak is now officially over. Wizards’ Head Coach Wes Unseld Jr. and Wizards’ forward Deni Avdija spoke postgame regarding the 22-game losing streak now being over during their postgame interviews.
“You never want to be on the losing end of that streak, but it’s good to get that one off our chest,” said Wizards coach Wes Unseld Jr., who was an advance scout with the team in 1999.
“The streak is done,” Avdija said. “Just to close that circle and be here and having a good game versus the Spurs and end that streak. I think everybody did a really great job competing. When we’re focused and sharing the ball, we’re a really dangerous team.”
Deni Avdija led the way for the Washington Wizards off the bench. Avdija scored 25 points on 10-for-12 shooting from the field. Avdija knocked down 2-for-2 from behind the three-point line. He hit 3-for-4 from the free-throw line. Avdija also grabbed nine rebounds, dished out an assist, and recorded a steal.
Bradley Beal scored 21 points on 8-for-14 shooting from the field. Beal knocked down 3-for-6 from the three-point line. He knocked down 2-for-2 from the free-throw line. Beal grabbed seven rebounds and dished out seven assists.
More Wizards Contributions
- Kristaps Porzingis scored 17 points, grabbed nine rebounds, and dished out seven assists.
- Kyle Kuzma scored 16 points, grabbed six rebounds, and dished out three assists.
- Corey Kispert 14 points, grabbed two rebounds and dished out two assists.
- Monte Morris scored 11 points, grabbed two rebounds, and dished out four assists.
- Kendrick Nunn scored 12 points, grabbed three rebounds, and dished out two assists.
The Washington Wizards travel to Detroit, Michigan next on Wednesday, 2/1 to face the Detroit Pistons. Tip-off from the Little Ceasars Arena is at 7 pm Eastern.